Working in media production, sometimes I feel like a bit of a parasite — using the camera to gaze and feed upon the stories of others. I’ve produced documentaries and current affairs segments, and have relied always on the energy and good will of subjects to share their stories and to give their time — and often, to lay their souls bare — so that I can produce whatever bit of media I’m working on and deliver it to an audience. It’s how I make a living. And the more I “get” from my subjects, the better “my” product is going to be. And I’ve had at least one subject feel uneasy about me “making a living off” his story. (more…)
This past week, we worked with an American-based company called Data Systems International (DSI) to shoot a project to promote their technology — bar codes and scanners! Is it important? Next time you’re on a plane, consider this….
End of summer. Back to school. Back to work.
Transitions are tough.
In the edit suite, we’re always talking about transitions. How to get from one idea or feeling to something completely different. (more…)
- We’re hiring…a business manager!
- Looking for the best - we need a creative production coordinator
- Found our man! a DIY recruitment story…
- We’re hiring a full-time Producer/Director for Creative Client Films
- Getting the wind in our sails
- Joining the healthcare evolution
- Wrestling with the 800 pound gorilla
- Preparing for winter, Journeyman style
- Taking a risk on a new experiment
- Casting Call: An empowered, empathetic Mom